One last Lucky in Love detail for you today... this time, we're making sweet little four leaf clover-topped favor boxes.
Wouldn't these be adorable resting on a plate as part of a green, white and gold tablescape, or lined up all pretty-as-can-be on a favor table? By using the elegant touches of satin ribbon and luxurious silk dupioni, the concept avoids being too cutesy... but really, I think a favor is the perfect opportunity to add a little quirk to your wedding design. See below for the how-to!
Favor Box How-To
- Favor boxes - these are 3.5" square
- Fabric for the clovers - I used a gorgeous forest green silk dupioni, but any medium-weight fabric should work
- Green double-sided satin ribbon
- Fabric stiffener
- Foam brush
- Awl (optional)
- Floral wire
- Cut your fabric into squares about 3/4 smaller than your box (for a 3.5" box, I used 2.75" squares). Then, using a mixture of 3/4 fabric stiffener and water, paint onto both sides of the squares, dab off any extra with paper towels, and allow to dry... the fabric stiffener will give the clovers more shape and keep the edges from unraveling.
- Once dry, take a fabric square and fold in half, then half again, then half again (this time on the diagonal). Take your now pie-shaped piece of fabric and cut into a half-heart shape.
- Open up one fold to check your heart shape - adjust your cut as necessary.
- Your clover should look something like this when finished - and you want those creases, so don't flatten them out.
- Using an awl (or the tip of a small pair of scissors) poke a small hole in the center of the box lid.
- Cut a 1.5" length of floral wire, bend in half, and pierce through the center of the clover and into the hole in the box. Wrap the wire ends once and bend to secure to lid.
- Now, wrap the box with ribbon as you normally would, wrapping around the clover and wire.
- String on the tag, if you're using, before tying a knot lightly underneath the clover to secure. Clip the ribbon ends, and voilà!
I also created a 'Thank You' tag for the favors, using our green & gold color palette and the little clover icon; they match the signature cocktail sign from yesterday's Lucky in Love post perfectly. They'd be just as adorable on a favor box without the clover... simply string onto your satin ribbon and tie into a beautiful bow.
You can download* the tags below. They print six on a page; once printed, use a 1.75" to 2" circle punch to cut out each tag, then punch a small hole at the top.
*This printable/DIY download is provided for your personal, non-commercial use. We'd love for you to share it by linking to this post (and not the downloadable file itself). Please do not alter, distribute or sell it without the consent of Floridian Weddings.